This is so easy and yet so delicious, prepare the sauce, marinade, put in the oven, and ta-da.
The Silan, or date “honey”/date syrup (careful, don’t confuse it with silane, the chemical compound 🙂 ), and the balsamic vinegar add a sweet caramel coating to the salmon’s tender meat.
I often use date “honey” in my kitchen, it’s one of the best sweeteners, you can try substituting it with honey or with maple syrup.
The cooking gives the vinegar a different taste and smell (so those of you who are not so much into vinegar can still try this recipe), personally I think balsamic is the best, so I wouldn’t substitute it with other vinegars.
– 500 gr salmon (depending on the amount of hungry people, this was enough for me and my husband with some leftovers.)
– 3 tbs of good quality balsamic vinegar
– 3 tbs of good quality olive oil
– 1 tbs Silan (date “honey”)
– Coarse sea salt and grounded pepper
– Lemon for serving
– Mix the sauce ingredients: the balsamic vinegar, the olive oil and the Silan.
– Marinade the salmon in sauce for about an hour in the fridge.
– Take the salmon out of the fridge, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and let it reach room temp.
– Preheat the oven to 180 deg. Celsius on grill.
– Grill the salmon for about 20-30 min, until it’s done, depending on the size of your fillet.
– Serve with lemon and with the quinoa salad in my next post.
Have a lovely weekend,