Following my previous quinoa salad recipe, which was quickly devoured (ok, especially by me), I’ve decided to make it again but with a different twist.
Now with pumpkins, sweet potatoes, basil, greens and Parmesan, it tastes completely different (in a different, good way.)
We ate this salad with salmon, but I think it could also make a great vegetarian meal by itself
– 1 cup quinoa
– 2 cups water
– 1 large sweet potato
– About 500 gr pumpkin
– A generous bunch of chopped fresh basil leaves
– A generous bunch of micro green leaves, or other baby leaves
– Grated Parmesan cheese
– Salt and pepper
– Olive oil
– Lemon squeeze
– Rosemary and sage
– Peel the pumpkin and sweet potato and slice into thin slices (about 1 cm thick).
– Put the slices in a baking dish, pour some olive-oil on them and give them a nice rub to cover them in olive-oil from both sides.
– Add some rosemary and sage leaves and sprinkle with coarse sea-salt and grounded black pepper.
– Put in the oven for about 30 minutes, 200 deg. Celsius, on grill.
– After 15 min. of cooking, flip the sweet potato and pumpkin slices upside down and continue cooking. If you see they’re getting too dry, you may add some more olive-oil.
– Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in water and let it cool for a while.
– Chop a nice bunch of fresh basil leaves and add to the quinoa, add some micro greens, or other greens, such as arugula or baby leaves.
– Season the quinoa salad with lemon squeeze, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
– Add grated Parmesan cheese to the quinoa.
– When the antipasti are out of the oven, let them cool for a little while,