This is a simple, easy and delicious recipe that doesn’t require buying an ice-cream machine.
The general ice-cream recipe was given to me by my aunt a few months ago and since then I’ve been trying several improving versions of it. You can make this ice-cream with any fruit or any other combination of yummy ingredients you like. You may also replace the sugar with honey.
Previously I tried this recipe once with bananas, dates, peaches and melons, which was ok, though I’m not a great fan of bananas, and another time with berries: blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, which I liked much better due to its sour-sweet taste.
The mango version of this ice-cream turned out to be a great success, I had to salvage two tiny bowls of ice-cream just for the photo-shooting, as the rest of the ice-cream was already eaten…
– 1 can of yogurt (200 gr)
– 1 can of sweet cream (250 ml)
– 5-6 mangoes (preferably Maya mangoes, personal favorite)
– 1/2 a cup of sugar
– Peel the mangoes, slice them and crush them in the blender (or with a hand held blender) until you receive a smooth, creamy paste. Add the yogurt and give it another short grind.
– Whip the sweet cream together with the sugar until the cream is stable.
– Add one spoonful of the cream into the mangoes paste and stir gently with a spoon.
– Add the rest of the whipped cream into the paste and keep stirring until mixed well.
– Cover the now-mangoes cream and place it in the freezer.
– About once an hour take the ice-cream out of the freezer and mix it, so it would become more creamy and less icy, until it freezes completely (it will take about 4 hrs to freeze, but I suggest leaving it overnight).
– Serve and enjoy.
Have a cool week.